BLUEBERRY COCONUT BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES (recipe: vegan & gluten free!)
These pancakes are light, fluffy and flavourful! You genuinely cannot tell they don’t contain any egg or gluten, I’ve even tested it on others who have said the same! This recipe yields 4 yummy healthy pancakes and can easily be doubled if you’re making some for others.
You will need:
1. Mix together milk, chia seeds, ground almonds, coconut and sugar together and let it sit in the fridge for 5 minutes. While letting that sit you can sort out your toppings, slice some strawberries or bananas, get your maple syrup, nut butters out and whatever else you prefer on your pancakes.
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of coconut
- 1 tablespoon of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
2. Once 5 minutes are up whisk in 1 tablespoon of the flour at a time into the mix with a folk until all in incorporated and you get than nice classic thick pancake batter consistency, then carefully fold in the blueberries.
3. Heat a non-stick pan lightly oiled with an oil of your choice (I used coconut oil) on the stove on a medium-low heat. Apply two heaped tablespoons serving of the batter for each pancake, once bubbles form on the top flip over and cook on the other side of about 2-3 minutes.
4. Once you’re done serve on a plate with toppings of your choice and enjoy!